Sunday, October 16, 2011

Funny tidbit

Thursday I was at my son's school and the kids had to listen to some bus safety stuff so his teacher and I got to talk.
We were putting some of the kid's craft projects up on the wall outside the classroom and she was using hot glue to do it. She told me-
"This is illegal. We're only supposed to use that brown tape, but its useless. Or as my daughter would say "Its as useless as a white crayon on a white piece of paper"."

I found the remark slightly amusing. But then she told me her daughter (an 8th grader) was sent to the office for saying it because her teacher said it was a "RACIAL SLUR"!!!!!

The principal, a black man, said "I have no idea why your daughter is in my office. She did nothing wrong."

What in fuck's name is wrong with people? How have people become so afraid of hurting someone's feelings that they take the most innocent of things and turn it into something wrong or mean to try and brainwash others into thinking they are bad or have done something bad? Cause that's exactly what school are trying to do. Brainwash our kids into being too afraid to mention color, no matter the context.
Get a grip people, and open your eyes! This country is turning into a scared little kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment